Monday, November 20, 2006

From the Far Reaches of a 3 Year Old's Mind

I often look at our children and shake my head. So many times I just don't know what's going on in those little heads. Sometimes I want to know...sometimes I don't. Danielle especially seems to be in her own little world much of the time. Maybe it's because she interprets things differently. Here are a couple examples from today:

Uncle Ron bought the Cars movie for the kids. We went over to watch it with him on his big projection screen for movie night last week. The kids have been into that movie now and tonight were playing with some of the Cars toys they collected from McDonalds when the movie was first released. Ron was playing with Filmore, the hippy VW van that sold “special” gas, and repeated a line from the movie: “Hey, dude. Want to buy some of my special brew?” Danielle made her little Sally car talk back, “Sure! I’d like to buy your broom.”

Tonight before dinner the kids were once again whining about the meal set before them. Ron, in his wise fatherly ways, made the wise crack we all grew up hearing at one point or another – there are children starving in China who would love to eat this. Danielle immediately started laughing and muttered, “In my china! Are they in your pen!s, too?” (If this makes no sense to you, revisit my first post…or maybe this post.)

Maybe it's better that I don't understand everything.

No comments: