Monday, November 13, 2006

My Turkeys

Sorry I haven’t posted for awhile. It’s difficult to type with a broken finger, so I’ve been avoiding it.

Tyler made a turkey hat at school today. There are a couple feathers in the back you can't see. It was very cute. In case you’re wondering about the bare belly, well, when we were in Guatemala he looked like he was going to drop over from the heat at one point, so I took his shirt off. He went without it the whole day. I guess he felt liberated because today he wanted to know why he could only do that “some place else in the world”.



My dad delivered the pieces to our old playset this weekend. The kids were sad because we couldn’t put it up right away. (Not having the instructions was only part of the problem.) Today Tyler wanted to know if we were going to get the “constructions”. I said, “You mean INstructions.” He replied, “Yeah, the inconstructions.” He speaks so well most of the time that I forget he’s only 5. Last week he told Grandma C that he wants to be a vegetinarian - you know, a doctor who takes care of animals.

While Tyler was making turkey hats in school today, Danielle and I went grocery shopping. Danielle had a meltdown when there weren’t any cookies to sample at the bakery. We were several aisles into our shopping by the time she stopped howling (only to insist she needed to go potty). I did feel sorry for her at first, but when I tried to reason with her, she half-heartedly tried to hit me. Now even if the head baker himself came out and begged us to take a cookie, she wasn’t getting one! After that I just ignored her and continued getting groceries. What I found amusing was the reaction of the other female shoppers. The ones that looked at us, cocked their heads at Danielle and stuck their lips out in that sympathetic way. Someone made a comment to Danielle about being sad (No – just spoiled!). Someone else started to say something to her, looked at me, and stopped. Why is it that no one sympathized with me? I think it’s because she looked a lot cuter than I did today. It reminded me of when she was a baby with reflux and would cry ALL the time. On one shopping trip someone asked me if I ever fed her, while another ignored me all together and asked Danielle directly if mommy ever paid any attention to her. I suppose she looked cuter than I did then, too.

Here’s a preview of Danielle in her outfit for her Christmas pictures. She was trying everything on and refused to take any of it off. She’s so stubborn. Whose side of the family does that come from?!!

No comments: