Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Interrupt This Vacation Blog...

...to lament my broken finger! Here's what happened:

Ron is gone this week. That means Tyler's behavior automatically declines. After spending much time alone in his room, he was at it again. He was trying to take a toy from Danielle and was mad because I told him to go to his room again. He yelled, argued, and thumped Danielle in the back. Our eyes met for a split second, then I reached out to grab his arm as he got up to run from me. His arm and my hand met at just the right force and angle to break the little bone at the top of my ring finger. Wow did that hurt! I pretty much knew right away it was broken because the pain was unbelievable!

After Tyler was done in time-out, I loaded up the kids to head to the urgent care. Of course they were hungry so they had to have McDonalds on the way. We got to the first Urgent Care only to discover (after a brief wait) that they no longer accept our insurance plan. So, we reloaded the van and headed up the road to the next office.

The kind lady in the registration office nodded her head in sympathy as I explained the situation. Tyler added a note of credibility to my story by being particularly rowdy in the waiting room. Anyway...I eventually got my finger xrayed, and the xrays definitely showed a displaced fracture.

I now have this gigundous split on my left hand that I have to wear for 3 weeks! I can take it off occasionally (to bathe, for example) but I can't rebandage it myself. So I will get good & stinky by the time Ron comes home. ;) Serves him right.

As for Tyler, he felt a little bad initially & offered to kiss my swollen purple finger. Once I reassured him I wasn't going to die (from this, anyway), he was done being contrite and was ready to resume his incorrigible behavior.

Thanks for listening...or reading.

You may now resume my vacation blog...already in progress...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess that's a work related injury, where's workman's comp when you really need it? So did you type this blog with one hand?

Lori said...

I typed with 1 1/2 hands and used the delete key a lot!