Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Park

We went to the park with a friend from church and her two little girls today. (The oldest is Danielle's age.) At one point Tyler was running through a tunnel that has a grate over the top where you can stand and look down into the tunnel. He wanted me to stand over the grate and watch him. While I was up there, I heard him say: "Hey! You're not supposed to throw stones. That's not very nice!" Apparently the culprit didn't stop because Tyler continued: "My mommy is right up there, and your mommy is going to know about this pretty quick!"

The kids all had fun playing, and I was pleased that my kids didn't act like total animals. (Tyler even made some new friends.) But, my pleasure was premature. As my friend and I were walking to the cars and finishing our conversation, my children decided to have a spitting contest. They each took mouthfuls of water from their cups, chased each other around, and spit the water on each other. They raced around my friend's calm little girls and just out of my reach. You might want to know why I didn't stop this. It's not that I didn't TRY to stop it. I just can't run as fast as they can.


Other news of interest (or not):

The kids got their very own library cards yesterday. I don't know why I didn't get them their own sooner, but they were both pretty excited.

They both have their very first dental appointments on Friday. Tyler has declared he isn't going. Danielle said she's afraid the dentist will want to brush her teeth. Should be an interesting day.

Tyler has an open house tomorrow night for his preschool class. This is a new school, and I have high hopes for this year. At the very least, this school year should provide more "blog worthy" material. He starts school on Sept. 6.

Danielle got her haircut today and thinks she looks beautiful. (She does.)

No comments: