Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dam Pictures


We had a good dam day. This afternoon the kids and I met Grandpa & Grandma C at the park by the dam. We climbed up the “mountain” to look over the dam and played at the park at its base. We visited the marina at the dam and then headed over to the beach. It’s been years since I’ve been there, and the kids have never been there. It was a really really nice day!

Tyler has been so interested in photography lately. I gave him a disposable camera to try out today. He had a lot of fun taking pictures…of EVERYTHING. I’m looking forward to getting his pictures of the asphalt path across the dam, the fencing along the walkway, and the “Service Personnel Only” sign developed. (I’m sure he got some good ones in there, too.) We had fun just watching him capture the moment(s). This is the picture he took with my camera today:

What makes this even funnier to me is that this is exactly what I did every time I got a hold of a camera when I was little!

After playing at the park, we drove over to the marina to refill our water cups and eat snacks. The kids picked walnuts and then we walked down to the dock to see if they would float. The kids also had fun inspecting the lowered bird “apartments” (those giant bird houses w/several floors and openings) with Grandpa. The bird houses were being cleaned, so the kids got to look inside them and check things out, too.

After we were done at the marina, we drove over to the beach to cool off. The kids and Grandpa played in the surf and sand while Grandma & I watched. Since Grandpa was the only adult in the water playing with kids, several other kids migrated toward him. By the time we left, Grandpa was entertaining a half dozen kids.


By the time we got home tonight, we were all worn out. (Ron and I taught 17 2 year olds in church this morning, too!) We had a good day at the dam.

BTW, Ron made it safely to Chicago and was on his way to his final destination the last time I talked to him. Thankfully none of the airline problems today affected him.

No comments: