Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Flushes, Bandaids, & Bugs

Like every other normal person in the world, Tyler had to use the bathroom after he woke up this morning. He chose to use the 1/2 bath downstairs. He walked in and walked right back out: "Hey, Mom! You forgot to flush!" (In case you're wondering, I most certainly did NOT.) He walked back in, flushed, and finished his business. He didn't say another word about it. A couple minutes later I had to go. I immediately noticed he hadn't flushed. When I asked him about this he matter-of-factly said, "I just wanted you to see how it felt!"

Danielle was in a foul mood today. At one point she scratched Tyler pretty good on the temple. He begged for a bandaid, so I reluctantly stuck a bright red Dora bandaid on his forehead. (That shouldn't be too noticeable.) Tonight (when he was supposed to be sleeping) he came out of his room and said, "Mom, you did a really good job on this bandaid. I laid down to rest on it for a little while and it really helped. You put the little cushion in just the right spot. Good job."

We found a walking stick bug today. It crawled all over my arm as I let the kids examine it. The neighbor behind us came out to see what all the squealing was about (the kids' squealing, not mine). I realized how funny we must have looked. Ahhh, the things you do for kids.

No comments: