Friday, August 18, 2006

Conversations & Comments by a 3 & 4 Year Old

We had some good ones today. Thought I’d share them with you.

Conversations & comments at the airport:
“What are you doing with that paper Mom? Do you pee right through it? Wow! That’s cool. Look at that! It goes right down, too!”

“Look at that big banana!”
“Those are actually brushstrokes.”
“Huh?” Exactly. A big banana would have been so much more interesting.

(All of the following was said pretty much at the same time, so I’m not sure which kid said what to separate it appropriately.)

“DAAAAADDYYYYYY! Hi, Daddy! I missed you, Daddy! Guess what! I got dressed all by myself today. Mom didn’t even have to scrunch my shirt up. What did you bring us for prizes? Guess what! We went up the loopty-loop and Mommy got dizzy but I did not get dizzy and we can go down the loopty-loop, too. Do we get to ride the escalator? Oh my gosh, that’s so cool! I really missed you, Daddy. I forgot my hat. Mommy will get my hat. Are these your friends? Where are our prizes?”

And then a few minutes later:

“Why don’t they have your suitcase Daddy? This is so stupid. I hate the airport. We should never come here again because they don’t have your suitcase. Do you have our prizes? They were in the suitcase? I hate this airport.”


Comment at the restaurant for lunch:
Ron went to use the restroom and Danielle followed. When they came back out Danielle loudly announced, “Daddy forgot to wash his hands, Mommy!” (Ron denied it.)

My conversation with Danielle this evening after going potty:
“I’m showing you my butt.”
“What did Dr. Cheryl say about showing people your bottom?”
“We are not supposed to.”
“That’s right. Why not?”
“Because some people have chinas!”

And this was the pre-bedtime conversation:
“Danielle, I’m really sorry Mom’s so grouchy.”
“Yeah, Ty.”
“Mom, you’re a buttock.”

No comments: