Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Misquoted

Seems I may have misquoted Tyler regarding the flushing/not flushing incident. I was retelling the story to Ron at dinner tonight when Tyler finished my story by saying, "I wanted to see how you liked it!" Ron thought the story was pretty funny. Tyler thought he was pretty funny, too. He's just like his Daddy - he's his own biggest fan.

I met with Tyler's preschool teacher for a pre-preschool conference. She was having individual meetings with all the parents. I had to bring both kids to the meeting since it was in the middle of the day & Ron was still out of town. The kids played nicely but were pestered by the flies that somehow found their way in the room. A couple times my kids each said, "Shoo fly! Don't bother me!" As we were talking, his teacher commented a couple times about how funny Tyler was. I think her exact quote once was "He's a hoot!" We'll see if she's still hootin' in a few weeks. All I'll say about the meeting is that I hope my first impression is wrong or it could be a very long year.

Much to the kids' delight, we finally dug the paint back out today. Everything paint related has been put away for the past 4 (almost 5) months. It was a nice way to pass the afternoon. (Note the big, red bandaid.)

This has nothing to do with the kids, but I found it interesting: I have averaged at least one hit per day on my blog by people doing a google search (or similar) for "Barbie Tanner poop" since I posted that blog about Danielle's birthday present. I have had 4 different hits just today! Most of the hits have been from people in other countries. I guess other people are a little wiser about researching this gift before suggesting it! When I was at the store the other day, I noticed they also have a Barbie with a cat...that pees!!! (Please don't get any ideas. I will return it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About the preschool teacher thinking he's a hoot - down the road, don't make eye contact with her when you pick him up - works about every time - at least it did with your cousin! Still doing that 10 years after preschool!

He's just too smart - just like his mommy (daddy and sis, too).