Wednesday, November 18, 2015

26 Days of Thanks

Day 18

I'm thankful for my job (most days). I'm thankful for the income. I'm thankful that I can still be home with the kids when they're home in the afternoons and on breaks and over the summer. I'm thankful that I have the chance to interact with kids during the day and that I can sometimes give a little encouragement... or even a free meal. I'm thankful for the friend I have in my coworker.

We had our big Thanksgiving meal today. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, rolls, strawberry cups, and pumpkin rolls. It was so much food we had to double up the trays so they wouldn't collapse! Getting everything done at the right time is always the challenge. I don't want the food to sit too long, but it all needs to be ready to serve. It was a little stressful. One little girl came through the line today, gestured to her tray, and asked me if we made all that food. When I told her we had, she said, "Wow, thank you. We appreciate it so much. Thank you." Those kind words made all the extra effort worthwhile. Well, that and the fact that I got to eat it, too. :)

No comments: