Sunday, November 01, 2015

26 Days of Thanks

Our family is trying something new this Thanksgiving season. Every day between now and Thanksgiving we are each going to write down one thing we are thankful for and put it in the glass that we keep on the island to read at the end of the year. The rules are that whatever we write down should be something we are genuinely thankful for (even if it's humorous) and we should try to not repeat items for the 26 days. The boys rolled their eyes, but both of them did it today. Danielle liked the idea. I'm going to try to share mine every day...or mostly every day...

Here goes...

Day 1

I am thankful for Ron. I can't imagine sharing this journey with anyone else, and I'm glad we'll still have each other long after the house grows quiet.

Birthday pile-up

Keeping the kids in line

Celebrating the last day of school

Father's Day

Sneaking in a forbidden picture at the Forbidden Caverns

Creeking with the kids

"Danielle! Let's grab a cloud!"

2 comments:

Meredith said...

What a great daddy! and what a great mommy to record it all!!

Lori said...

Thanks, Meredith. He is a very good daddy. And I just always have a camera in my hands. :)