Monday, March 04, 2013

Our Day Off

The kids didn't have school today and the sun was shining, so we opted for an outside activity - the zoo. The other schools around were not out, so it was just us and the mommies with their toddlers there today. While I am thankful I don't have a toddler any more, I miss those carefree pre-school days when we could do this type of thing anytime we pleased. Time goes too fast. But, I digress...we had a very nice day together. The kids giggled when the elephants made loud farting noises, got the penguins to jump in the water & chase a reflection around in circles, and stayed on the carousel for multiple turns. Today made me eager for summer break. Only 3 more months...

They were enjoying the sunshine and could hardly keep their eyes open.

This one reminded me of Clara because she loves sticks, too. This polar bear was quite the fool with her stick.

Cedar waxwing


We spotted a meadow vole tunneling under the mulch.


No comments: