Wednesday, March 13, 2013

On the DD Bandwagon

I have to admit that we've jumped on the Duck Dynasty bandwagon. Initially, we thought the show was entertaining and fun to watch as a family. We had heard that they were a Christian family, and they obviously uphold strong family values on the show. Even the kids comment on how polite the children on the show are. Danielle bought Ron the book The Duck Commander Family...for his birthday. After reading that and learning more about the family and their background, Ron was sold. I haven't read the book yet, but I have been impressed by what I've seen and heard so far. I know some of the antics on the show are for our benefit - people wouldn't watch if it was boring - but overall I get the impression that they are true to themselves. I like these guys because they are real - the average hard working Joe can relate to them. They are flawed, funny, faithful, and most importantly, forgiven. Here are a couple videos that have been circulating lately. I especially like this first one with Phil, the father and founder of the family business. He kind of reminds me of my dad, who sported the chest length beard before it was cool and tells it like he sees it.



This is Willie, Phil's son and the current CEO of their "dynasty".




This is a funny one. The DD guys were scheduled to be on a late night talk show to promote their new season. The musician who was also scheduled to be on the show cancelled because he is a vegan and they are hunters. The DD guys were respectful about the musician's choice, but they did make a couple spoofs for the talk show. The spoof starts at 1:27. I don't know why the video didn't embed correctly, but you can see enough to get the idea. (In case you know nothing about their main claim to fame, they design and sell duck calls.)

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Thanks for the post. I kept wondering what the Duck Dynasty was. We need to tune in.