Sunday, March 24, 2013

"Finished" Project

Danielle and I "finished" our tshirt memory quilt tonight. Ideally we will add more to it each year, so it's not truly finished. We didn't fringe the bottom so we could add more rows. I wonder how practical it will be to add to it, though - will it lose it's shape over time or wear too much? Who knows? It's long enough to be a good throw for her when she's watching tv or sitting around. She loves it, and that is good enough for now.

She learned how to thread a bobbin and the sewing machine and did several of the blocks herself. It was fun to work on it together. When I was working on parts that she couldn't help with, she sat at the table near me and painted her nails or made origami animals or waited to take the pins out for me. Having a daughter is kind of nice. :)
She now officially knows as much as I do about sewing...which is not much! :(

The first block she finished all by herself (earlier this week).

All the finished blocks (earlier this week).

The finished quilt


It works!


No comments: