Monday, July 24, 2006

Why I Avoid Public Places

Danielle has been begging me to buy finger nail polish, mainly because I joked one day about painting Daddy's nails after he fell asleep. I rarely paint mine anymore and threw out what I did have when we moved to the apartment. I bought a very cheap bottle of nail polish when we went to the store today. She was so excited! When we got home from the store, the two of us sat on the couch and did each other's nails. I painted hers, and then she painted mine. I just wish I would have remembered that I also threw out my nail polish remover before allowing her to do my nails. I smile every time I look at them.

At the store where we purchased the fingernail polish (and new undies for Tyler), the kids asked to ride in a cart that had two seats and then a shopping cart attached. I was pushing the kids through the store when Tyler suddenly said, "I'm going to show everyone my pen*s!" I looked down to see he had scrunched up the legs to his shorts and had indeed pulled it out to show it off. He thought my hysterical reaction was hilarious. (Funny - when I told Ron about it, his reaction was the same as Tyler's. He laughed until he cried.) I can't wait until he's old enough to be embarrassed by me in public.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

It's been said that a parent's revenge is grandchildren.