Sunday, July 09, 2006

Today's Sunday School Lesson

Just when I think the kids aren't going to give me any "blog-worthy" material, they say or do something funny and save the day. Today was no different, although retelling it isn't nearly as funny as witnessing it firsthand.

Tonight while I was making dinner, Tyler excitedly ran into the kitchen:

Tyler: Mommy! I learned Karate in my class today!

Lori: (Huh?) What class? Your class at church?

Tyler: Yeah!

Lori: (OK. This should be interesting.) Who taught you Karate?

Tyler: My teacher.

Lori: (Ah. Blaming the teacher!) Your teacher where?

Tyler: At church. In our song church.

Lori: Miss R taught you Karate? (Surely no one would encourage this kid to be MORE wound up during song time!)

Tyler: Yeah! We did it with the songs! Want to see?

Lori: Ok (This is going to be interesting)

He proceeded to kick his little chicken legs and wave his arms all around, shouting "HI-YA" the whole time.

Lori: (I imagine his teacher performing these moves and smile.) You learned this at church?

Tyler: Yep! Miss R taught us!

He ran off to karate chop his sister, who was now flailing her arms and legs and yelling "HI-YA".

(I can't wait to tell Miss R! At least he learned something at church today.)

I managed to capture some of the "performance" on tape, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to post video clips. You'll just have to use your imagination - which I'm sure won't do it justice.

This afternoon the kids played doctor. Casey wouldn't cooperate, but Hunter was a docile patient, as you can see. (That's the blood pressure cuff on her foot. Danielle was giving her shots in the stomach.) Golden retrievers are such great dogs!

No comments: