Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Not for Those with a Weak Constitution

I think I can "stomach" a lot, but this even grosses me out.

Tonight we took the kids to McDonalds to get sundaes and play in the outside play area before heading out to look at our house. Ron picked up the sundaes while I took the kids to the play area. When he brought the sundaes around, the kids came running to the table. Panting, Tyler commented that the tunnel slide smelled like poop. About that time Danielle scratched her butt, so we joked about Danielle making the slide smell. They took a couple bites and ran off to play.

A minute or so later, Danielle yelled about something so I went to check on her. Tyler ran by me and said he had just gone down the "poop slide". Just to be sure, I checked Danielle's undies. Clean. (She hasn't had an accident like that in weeks!) We laughed about it some more and the kids continued to play. I returned to the table to eat my sundae.

A few minutes later Tyler ran over to our table to take another bite. I noticed a rust colored streak down the front of his shirt. Since both kids were wearing Gymboree outfits, I panicked a little and feared the rain may have caused something in the playset to rust. No way that was going to wash out (or be resold on Ebay). Then something clicked. I smelled the rust mark. It was NOT rust. It was POOP! And it was NOT from my children. I quickly pulled Tyler's shirt off and marched into the McDonalds. To accomplish what, I do not know.

When I returned, I studied Tyler further and found two streaks on his shorts, in addition to the 5x2 inch streak down the front of his shirt. Danielle had some on her skirt, too. I ripped Danielle's dress off and started to pull Tyler's shorts off when I realized my kids were standing half naked, smelling of someone else's poop, in the middle of the McDonalds playland. Ron finished the last bite of his sundae (anyone else find that amusing?) and we hurried to the van. Tyler stripped down to nothing. We strapped them in and hurried home to sanitize ourselves. (Having lost my appetite, I threw the rest of my sundae away.)

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Oh Lori, between your 4th of July and your trip to McDonalds, I had my good belly-laugh for the day! (With you - not at you, I spent my 4th disassembling a throughly vomit soaked stroller - Caleb has decided if he doesn't like the finger food offered to him, the appropriate course of action is to gag forcefully.)