Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Deal of the Day

When we were selling our house, we had some miscellaneous stuff we needed to get rid of. I tried posting it on http://www.craigslist.com/ before hauling it off to the dump. Almost everything was cleared away, and I became a believer in this website.

I check it daily just to see what bargains might appear. It's also humorous to see how much money people think their junk is worth. I got lucky today.

Someone was selling a super huge lot of Lego Duplo blocks. We have a decent amount of these already, but she had some large base plates that we have been looking for (but haven't wanted to pay for). She was selling all these bases and blocks for $20. We hurried over to pick them up. In addition to the large base plates (retailing for $10 each) there were at least 400 blocks. That would be at least $60 in the store! So, I got about $100 worth of Legos for $20. I felt like I got a great deal.

The kids were so excited. This became an all day project. We brought them home and washed them all. We dried them and inspected them. Then we spent the entire rest of the day playing with them. So, not only did I get a good bargain for the blocks, I got entertainment for the day, too! Definitely money well spent. (And if we tape the bins, the movers will move those, too.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig's list rocks! I've been car shopping there and found some good deals. Now if I could just pick one!

Cousin Monica