Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Boring Store

Tonight Tyler was disgruntled about picking up the Legos he had been playing with earlier in the day. He was mumbling about his task being "sooo boring" when he launched into this monologue:

When I'm a Daddy [meaning when I'm grown up] I'm going to be a builder. I'm going to build a store. It will have zero items in it. It will be called The Boring Store. I'll hang a sign on the door that says "The Boring Store". It will be really boring.

He tossed a couple more Legos in the bin and continued:

I'll also build a store called the Terrible Dangerous Store. (You don't want to know about that one. He's such a boy. We'll fast forward here.)

Then I'll build a store called The Halloween Store. It will have costumes in it and three cracks in the wall. Ghosts will come out of one crack and say "BOO!" Monsters will come out of another crack. (Never heard about the third crack. It may have been a passageway to The Terrible Dangerous Store.) It will have scary Halloween music playing, too. It will be really spooky.

The pile of Legos continued to migrate from the floor to the bin:

Maybe I will put something in The Boring Store. But it will still be really boring.

He trailed off, lost in thought about boring merchandise for his Boring Store. All the Legos were finally picked up. I don't know what he was talking about. I didn't find that task boring at all.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Sounds to me like you have three great titles there for children's books. Wish I were a children's writer.