Thursday, July 20, 2006

Finding Love at McDonalds

I think Tyler is trying to drive Ron and I apart. He asked me to marry him again the other night, and tonight he told me he loves me more than Daddy does. For some reason, the number 21 denotes a super huge amount to him. He declared tonight that he loves me 21 times. Whoa!

Speaking of love, Tyler was looking for love at McDonalds today. After enjoying a movie together, we went to McDonalds for lunch (not the one with the poopy slide). As we pulled in Tyler said he wanted to find a girlfriend in the play area today. He corrected Danielle when she said she wanted to find a girlfriend too. (No, Danielle. You can find a BOYfriend.) He hurried to eat his lunch and then ran off to play. As he climbed into the tunnel I heard him yell, "Are there any girlfriends in here? I need a girlfriend!" Within seconds he found one. She was a little older than him and very attentive. The two of them took their Happy Meal toys (pirate journals) up to the top of the playset and drew pictures together. Meanwhile, Danielle was clambering around inside yelling, "Ty! Where is that Ty?!" He had a nice time with his girlfriend, who was wearing a pretty purple dress he said.

At one point during playtime, a McDonalds employee opened an emergency exit door. The signs are right - an alarm will indeed sound. The busy play area suddenly became very quiet while everyone listened to the persistent beep beep beep of the alarm. Just as the alarm stopped, an all too recognizable boy's voice shouted, "Fire! Fire!" I couldn't help but laugh. I did so quietly, though, so as not to disturb the nearby mother who was comforting her panicky little boy.

Tyler came down a short while later and declared something smelled like poop. We all flashed back to the infamous poop slide of before and decided that experience dictates if it smells like poop, there must be poop. We quickly left. Ahhh...another day full of good memories.

Speaking of memories, thank you for the responses to yesterday's post. I really do find it interesting to hear what people remember from those early days. Maybe I'm looking for validation that my mistakes will be overlooked in the long run. So far no one has mentioned remembering their mother scowling at them over their bowl of cheerios.

Finally, Ron grumbled last night that my blogs are waaaay too long. So, I'm sorry for rambling on longer than necessary at times, and thanks for reading anyway!

3 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Your husband reads what you write?! The only time mine did was when the thought suddenly occurred to him I might be writing about him.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Rob doesn't read my blog either. He asked if I write about him and I said, "sometimes." I think that was all he wanted to know.

By the way Lori, I like your long blogs - I don't have any other way of getting to know my niece and nephew!

Anonymous said...

Some of my earliest memories include you :) The three of us "monkeys" running around at Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings.

Many of my early memories are similar to the ones you are sharing with your kids, I spent countless hours with my Mom and big sis, at the park, shopping, eating ice cream... the good memories far and away outweigh the negative ones, don't worry!!!

Cousin Monica