Thursday, June 06, 2013

Strawberries!

We had planned to pick strawberries Tuesday afternoon after tennis camp, but the place we usually go closed early to allow more berries to ripen. They were closed yesterday and we have plans tomorrow, so today was our day to pick. Rain or shine. Mother Nature picked rain.

Suprisingly, we had a lot of fun! I had 2 umbrellas in the car. You can see who had them in the picture, so I'm sure you can figure out who got drenched. Danielle decided she didn't want to pick (other than the berries I had already put into my bucket) so she stood near me and helpfully held the umbrella. I got hit in the head a couple times and the pooled water on the umbrella somehow managed to make its way down my back multiple times, but honestly, that was all part of the experience. Tyler was a few feet ahead of me, hunkered under his umbrella and silently picking...and eating. In the amount of time I filled 2 buckets, he barely covered the bottom of one. Some things never change.

As you might imagine, we had the farm to ourselves. No fighting for chairs while we enjoyed our strawberry slushies, either. It actually was a lot of fun, and I'm sure we will all remember this particular trip for years to come. Here are some cell phone pics from today and here are some from our previous outings.





No comments: