Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Fun

Danielle has been attending wildlife camp this week. She attended the same camp last year and seems to be enjoying it even more this year! It's nice that the weather hasn't been in the 90s and that she hasn't had softball games in the evenings to wear her out. Tomorrow is parent's day, so hopefully I'll have more pictures. I took this one with my cell phone before dropping her off on Monday. She is shiny because she's coated in suntan lotion and bug spray! The high socks are the trade off for not wearing pants to go hiking. Somehow it looks cute on her.
 

Tyler has gone diving in the ocean two times now. Today he went down 40', which is the deepest he's allowed to go until he's 15. It sounds like he's having a lot of fun. I really can't thank Ron's parents enough for taking Tyler on this trip. What a special time for him, not just to do everything that he's getting to do, but to get to spend so much quality time with them. When he's back and the pictures are all downloaded and shared, I'll try to post a few.

Today was a beautiful day. The weather was nearly perfect so I enjoyed lunch on our patio. With Ron at work and both kids gone, it was soooo quiet! It was lovely! The bluejays were a little noisy, though. This guy was fluffing his crown, and he looked really funny.

The birds have adopted this spot at the edge of one of the beds that is covered with dead grass (and weeds, obviously) to sun themselves. I've caught them doing this the past two afternoons. The first time I saw this, I thought the bluejay was dead. I saw a robin doing it today, too. The bluejay was actually panting. Very odd. I think he looks broken.

No comments: