Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Fun

Danielle really enjoyed camp this year. She was very sad when it was over and begged me to send her for another week. I tried to explain that it was too expensive to do that without advance planning, but I understand her disappointment. I loved camp (specifically church camp) when I was growing up. I looked forward to it all year and was sad when it was over. I'm glad she enjoyed it so much. I hope she has good memories of summer camp when she's an adult. Who knows, maybe she'll follow in her parents' footsteps and meet her future spouse at summer camp some year.


On Thursday they performed skits for the parents and then we had the opportunity to look around. Yesterday they only had 1/2 day. After I picked Danielle up, we went to lunch together and then she requested we go look for frogs at the park. (She was a little disappointed she missed out on the 3 tree frogs I found the other day!) Sadly, we didn't see any tree frogs at all, and there weren't any frogs within a catchable reach. We still had a nice afternoon together.



Yesterday evening Danielle had a softball game. They played an undefeated team and nearly won. The other team's coach purposefully stalled so that we ran out of time and couldn't start the last inning. We lost by one run and I'm certain the outcome would have been different had we played that final inning. Obviously their coach was certain of that, too. It's too bad when that kind of thing happens. But, Danielle played an awesome game. She had good hits, including one over 2nd and into the outfield, and she made 3 outs, including an awesome double play. They had another game today, which they won. After a hit and overthrow by another player, Danielle got the ball (at 2nd) and threw it in to the catcher, who tagged the runner and spoiled the homerun. That was a pretty awesome play, too. Danielle has been a lot of fun to watch this year. She is enjoying it, plays hard, and continues to improve. I'm really glad she made the All-Star team so we can drag this out another month!

No comments: