Saturday, June 15, 2013

This & That

Tyler finished up tech camp today. I stopped in a little early today and saw this. Made me smile.

Tyler confided to me today that his instructor didn't really seem to know anything and after awhile he just stopped asking him for help. I tried to explain that I really wasn't suprised and that Tyler will probably encounter that a lot in his life. But, for as much as I paid for the class, I was a little disappointed to hear that! That's the problem with super smart kids...and miscellaneous adults picking up a little extra summer income. Even so, Tyler really enjoyed learning the software and had a good week. (He did not want me to take his picture but I threatened to take away his computer time if he didn't cooperate.)


Our town had an artist "event" on the main street downtown tonight. Local artists were invited to display and sell their goods for a few hours. Ron set up a table and displayed some of his pens. His pens are expensive, and he didn't figure he would sell any in this venue, but he was hoping to pass out business cards and just get his name out there. Several people took business cards and a mom and her kids stopped to buy dad a bullet pen for Father's Day! Ron enjoyed talking to everyone and showing off his beautiful work. We will be on vacation the next time they do this, but we are planning to attend the final event in August. If I can get my act together, I might take some pictures to sell, too. We'll see.

No comments: