Friday, August 10, 2012

Birthday Highlights

My baby turned 9 yesterday. I know I say it every year, but seriously, where has the time gone?? How did we go from this...














to this...


















to this?

















Danielle had a banner year as an 8 year old. Not only am I proud of all her accomplishments this year, I'm so proud of who she is. She is such a kind, caring person and the world is a better place because she's in it. As much as I'd like to hold on tight and stop her from growing up, I'm excited to see what God has in store for her as she grows into a young lady. 

Danielle has had more of a birthday "week" than a birthday "day"!

Grandma & Grandpa C and Uncle Ron came over for a cookout, presents, and cards the other night. We had a fun evening.



















Rather than a birthday party, Danielle picked to have a special day out with her best friend, Maggie. We went to lunch and a movie and to Build a Bear and then back home to play. The girls had a nice time together, and I think it was more special than a party.

On Tuesday evening Mamaw took Danielle to dinner and shopping. She had fun hanging out with Mamaw and picking out her own goodies. (Thanks to Papaw, too!)



On her birthday we cashed in a Groupon deal I've been saving and went to a trampoline gym. The kids had a blast and expended so much energy!! We will definitely do this activity again. We had dinner out that evening and then opened gifts. Her favorite gift was a tennis racquet. We had to pause the action and go to the tennis courts for an hour before enjoying birthday brownies.



I'm posting this pic more for the guy in the background. Lol!





























Danielle got a tattoo for her birthday. :)


















Danielle always makes us cards, so I made her one. She LOVED it!
























It was also Clara's 1/2 birthday.
























Today Danielle headed to Grandma & Grandpa R's house for a little one-on-one time, which she has been looking forward to all summer.


I'd say she's ushered in her 9s with quite an extended celebration! Happy birthday, Danielle!

No comments: