Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back-to-School Cakes

I was feeling a little overwhelmed last night while I was working on my annual back-to-school cake at 12:30am. I wonder every year how I'm going to come up with an idea for the following school year! This afternoon I took a minute to look back at the previous years' cakes, though, and remembered why I do this. It's so neat to look back at how much the kids have grown each year.

Usually we have our cake on the first day of school but we had to switch our neighborhood back-to-school get together to that night, so we had school year's eve cake. I will add that this year's cake was totally my own. My idea, my template, my icing mess. Tyler is starting band this year and will be playing the trumpet. I thought a trumpet cake would be meaningful. I think the kids liked it.

Say a prayer for us all as we go back tomorrow.


























1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Nice trumpet! I bet that was hard to ice!