Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School

The kids went back to school today. Tyler took the big step of moving on up to middle school - 5th grade. New building, new school hours, new teachers, new kids, new bus, new expectations. Lots of changes. I know he was nervous, but I thought he handled it well. He said he had a good day and seemed happy about it all when he got home. By bedtime he was complaining about not wanting to go back, but I think at this point it's just because he didn't want to go to bed or get up early. I can certainly understand that.
























Danielle was nervous this morning, and I think it all boiled down to not having Tyler to walk in with her. She even wanted Tyler to wake her up before he left so she could tell him goodbye. (His school starts when she is just waking up!) She had a good day, too, and said her teacher is really nice. And, in case you think this dress looks familiar, she wore the same dress in a smaller size for her first day of 1st grade! We bought 2 different sizes when we first purchased the dresses because we thought they were so pretty. She loves these dresses because they are long.

I can't believe how grown up they both look.



1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

They do look grown up! I did recognize the dress, but I think mostly b/c you posted all those cake pictures. Annalise likes her dresses long too. Probably not the only thing they have in common! (Tendency to adopt small wild creature, for example...)