Friday, August 03, 2012

Another Milestone

If you count turning 40 as a milestone, I guess we've celebrated another milestone in our house. My 40th birthday was Tuesday. I've been asked several times if turning 40 bothers me. Maybe I haven't been concentrating on it enough, but no, it doesn't. I am quite happy with my life, I've been blessed beyond measure, and I can't think of anything I'm lacking. I suppose if I wasn't content, turning 40 might feel differently.

My mom spent the afternoon with the kids and me. She thought it was only fitting since we spent the day together 40 years ago. We went to lunch and then went bowling. We had a nice afternoon with lots of giggling. We went out for dinner that evening and brought home Cold Stone for later since I didn't want a birthday cake. The kids made me cards, and Danielle made me some little paper crafts that were very Danielle-like. Ron surprised me with a new tripod. My old one was not strong enough to support the weight of my camera and some of my lenses, and there are times when I simply cannot hold my hands steady enough to take a picture without a tripod, so it was a great gift!

I spent some time trying out my new gift tonight.
This is a gray hairstreak. I've never seen one before and this one was on my milkweed tonight!
Click on the picture to see the details - he was very pretty.










(I didn't use my tripod for this one.)


2 comments:

Aunt Joyce said...

What wonderful pictures! I'm so glad you could spend time with your Mom. Tyler is almost as tall as your Mom!

May this year be the best one you've ever had!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Isn't 40 the new 30? :) Happy Birthday!