Friday, April 01, 2011

More April Fools Fun

The kids really enjoyed their "breakfast" this morning. Danielle said she was fooled by the orange juice and had to look twice at the eggs. Tyler said he wasn't fooled at all because, "I know you, Mom. I just know you!"









We had fun with some other food pranks today.




Danielle's lunch









Fake dog poop













This one was probably the most believable. After Ron "found" a pile on the floor, he sampled a piece. That just about pushed Danielle over the edge. :)






















Spaghetti dinner








































Of course, I never put that much food on the kids' plates, nor do we have pizza with spaghetti, so they were automatically a little suspicious. From a distance the spaghetti looks pretty believable. I need to find something else to use for sauce if I ever make this again because I don't think it looks real enough close up. (I forgot to take a picture of that part - it's strawberry ice cream topping.) Both kids thought the noodles were real, though, and they were excited that I did something "foolish" for dinner.


I hope some day when they're older and have their own families they will smile as they tell their kids about the silly things we did together when they were little.

And that's no foolin'.







2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Love it :) We did end up making a jello coke for Rob. All I had was strawberry, so we added a bunch of green food coloring. It really looked like Coke, but Rob was suspicious immediately because he never drinks it with a straw...and because the kids were giggling uncontrollably!

Lori said...

That's awesome! Danielle wants to see pictures. So glad the kids had fun w/it!