Thursday, April 07, 2011

Uneventful Updates

I'm not doing too well this month with my resolution to post more, am I? There's just not that much going on around here! We are trying to make it through the final 8 weeks of school. Sometimes I'm not sure we're going to make it!

Here are some rather uneventful updates:

Danielle's baton group is practicing for a variety show at the school. I'm amazed at how quickly Danielle picks up new routines. It is so fun to watch her.

Danielle is moving up to coach -pitch softball this summer. Practices start next Saturday. Hopefully we have seen the last of the snow.

We are getting ready to put new flooring down in our entry way, 1/2 bath, kitchen, and dinette. We can't install hardwood because it wouldn't withstand the dog's claws, so we are going to install laminate. It took us 3 weeks, several trips to several flooring stores, and over $100 (which was refundable) in samples to finally find a color we love. We had to order it and expect it to be delivered on Monday. Ron is going to do it all himself, and I'm sure he'll do a great job. I can't wait to see how it will look when it's all done!

Tyler made a really cute pop-up book at school. Tonight he showed Danielle how to make one. I thought her title was awesome: Dogs Fetch, Horses Sing, and Unicorns Don't Exist. Doesn't that make you want to read more?!

I have discovered the absolute best time of the day to talk to my children is after I've tucked them in. Lately I have lingered awhile longer with each child after they've been tucked in and the lights have been turned off. It's amazing how much more talkative they are, and their attention is undivided...as is mine. I've known they like to chat when I tuck them in, but I'm usually in a hurry to get on with my evening and want them to get a full night's sleep. I don't know why, but a week or so ago it hit me that these moments won't present themselves forever. One day their rooms will be empty and I will wish I could sit on the edge of their beds and listen to their stories just one more time.

No comments: