Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

After a busy day, I spent a nice, quiet evening at home with my sweethearts. My flowers from Ron made a nice centerpiece for our "romantic" , candlelight dinner - for 4. It doesn't get any more romantic than heart shaped jello jigglers for dessert! Surprisingly the candles made it all the way through dinner, despite the kids' efforts to breathe heavily or exaggerate attempts to blow on their food. (I remember doing the exact same thing, which I think made it even more fun tonight.)

After dinner Ron and Tyler played a couple games of Stratego. Ron taught Tyler how to play yesterday. Tyler is a quick learner. With just a little input from me, he finally beat Ron once tonight.


Danielle and I worked on her Valentine gift. We got her a sewing craft kit. It happens to be an American Girl kit, but that isn't why we got it for her. It's a kit to make 2 teddy bear pillows - 1 for a doll and 1 for you. All the holes are premade and all the pieces are precut, so it's a very good first sewing project. I'm hoping she'll learn to sew so she can teach me. :) We worked on the doll sized bear tonight but didn't quite get it finished. She did a great job. (See the gap in her smile? She lost another tooth yesterday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I challenge you to a game of Stratego. I have a lifetime .000 winning percentage against you. You must have always cheated.

Lori said...

I thought of you while I was writing this. Good memories. :) No need to cheat - I was just that good.