Friday, February 04, 2011

Craft Projects

We have had a lot of extra time on our hands the past few days. Here are some of this week's craft projects.



Tyler is doing a special unit on colors in his enrichment class. One of the projects they did in class on Monday involved using rubbing alcohol and Sharpie markers to make designs. I found a couple of old pillowcases for the kids to decorate. Tyler showed Danielle what to do and the two of them had fun decorating their pillowcases. I think these designs would look cool on a 4th of July tshirt. We could only find 4 markers, so our designs were a little limited in color.




























































At Christmas time I bought a $10 "tube of crafts" from Walmart. I had intended to give it to Danielle for Christmas, but I ended up with too much for her and considered taking it back. Then I figured I'd save it for a rainy day. We've used it a couple times, and I'm impressed with how much stuff is in that tube. We pulled out "the tube" on Wednesday. Tyler made the snow scene. Danielle made the bouquet, picture frame, and deadly spider. (She insisted on hanging up the spider and I'm just sure someone is going to poke an eye out on those toothpicks!) She added a fly after I took the picture. I made the toothpick house. The toothpicks were not included in the tube. I bought those for fancy poker night appetizers. :)




















Danielle decided she wanted to make her own Valentines this year, so she has been working on those.















Ron has been crafty this week, too. He and Tyler used leftover wood scraps and made 2 birdhouses for me. Ron cut everything with his fancy new saw. Tyler helped Ron measure and put everything together. It's fun to listen to the two of them banter down there in the basement. Thinking back to my limited days of psychology, I can see that Tyler has definitely made the switch to identifying with Ron as a guy and wanting to be with him and be like him. It's neat to watch.

No comments: