Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time to Grill!

The sun came out today, the temperatures rose, and most of the snow melted. I'm not positive, but I think we've had snow on the ground since early December. I know the cold temperatures are only a few days away, and we're sure to get another big snowfall, but it was so nice to be able to play outside for a little while.

Now that the grill isn't encased in ice, we were able to grill out for dinner tonight. Typically I don't post recipes because, frankly, I don't think I'm a very good cook and I'd rather not focus on that. But, I think this recipe is simple and worth sharing. It was also easy for me to prepare ahead of time while the kids were at school so we could maximize our outside time this afternoon. This is one of our summer time favorites.



Chicken Fajita Packets

4 or 5 sheets heavy duty foil
1 lb chicken tenders
1 med green bell pepper, cut in strips
1 small onion, sliced in rings
1 package fajita seasoning mix

Preheat grill to medium-high

Place chicken tenders on each sheet of foil. (I usually cut one chicken tenderloin, per person + 1 extra, into thin strips. I don't think that's a full pound.) Top with peppers and onions. Sprinkle with seasoning mix.

Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat for each packet.

Grill 8-10 minutes in covered grill.

Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite fajita toppings. I usually wrap the tortillas in foil and put them on the grill to warm, too. Be careful not to leave them on too long or they will be too crispy.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

That sounds good! And you do make a mean pulled pork as well.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Now I'm cravings fajitas!