Friday, February 18, 2011

Chalk City

It was another unseasonally GORGEOUS day! I felt so bad sending the kids to school today. After school we tucked the homework away for later and went outside to play. Typically the kids enjoy riding their bikes or scooters, but after a brief bike ride, we discovered the wind was too strong to move! So we created Chalk City instead. Nothing sparks creativity like a box of chalk and a blank canvas...or driveway.



Chalk City has neighborhoods, a park, stores, a hospital, a police station, and even a haunted house. After creating the city, the kids brought some cars out and had fun driving around town. It was a nice afternoon activity.

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

When I was a kid, my brother and I used to do the same thing (but with some discarded blank newspaper) and it is one of my mom's favorite memories :)

Lori said...

That's neat. :)