Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ice Skating

This seems to be "birthday party season" for the 1st graders in Danielle's class. Today she attended a party at an ice skating rink. The birthday girl has a sister in Tyler's class, so Tyler was invited to the party, too. This was our kids' first time ice skating. They were nervous, but they did a great job. They really enjoyed it, too, and refused to leave the ice until their ankles were red and blistered. (Didn't even think about layering their socks! Duh!)











The kids wanted me to skate with them, so I gave it a shot. I think I've only ice skated once or twice before, and I was much much younger. There's nothing like skating a couple laps around the rink to remind you that you're no longer 20...or even 30. I made it around a couple times but decided to give up when Danielle lapped me. :)



It was a fun afternoon.








1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

I used to love to ice skate as a kid. We'd go out when the lake was frozen and used pieces of buckled ice as "skate jumps." Wouldn't think of strapping them on now.