Friday, February 25, 2011

Another Snow Day

We had yet another snow day today. In case you're counting, that's 8 for this school year. We've already made up one day by going this past Monday, but we now have at least 2 more days to make up. That stinks.



Since it rained for quite awhile before turning into sleet and finally into snow, the snow was really wet. Wet snow makes good snowman building snow! Danielle and I built a snowman early this afternoon after the snow stopped and the sun came out. Danielle did most of the work, and her snowman turned out really cute.

Clara enjoyed playing in the snow, too. She was making
"doggie snow angels" but stopped when I opened the door to take her picture.

There aren't any pictures of Tyler enjoying the snow because Tyler doesn't think you should have to get dressed on snow days. I can respect that philosophy.



I found out today that I won 4th place in a backyard birds photo contest. The top 5 places won prizes. It was just a small contest (56 entries) with a small prize (25# of bird seed), but it's something. Since the theme was backyard birds, this is the picture I entered. I posted this a couple weeks ago.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Congratulations. Hoping this is a first step to the recognition you deserve for these great pictures.