Monday, February 07, 2011

Birthday Preparations

Tomorrow is Clara's 2nd birthday! The kids wanted to do a little more for her birthday this year, so tonight Danielle baked Clara some birthday muffins. Tyler was at Cub Scouts or he would have helped, too.

We got the recipe from my Three Dog Bakery cookbook that my brother gave me many, many years ago. (Back when our dogs were our kids!) The muffins are officially called Blue Blue Berry Berry Bun Buns. I picked them because they required little effort (no dough kneading, etc) and I had most of the ingredients on hand. Basically, I took the easy route this year. Several years ago I made the birthday cake from this cookbook for our dog Molly. Here she is:

I can't believe I ever had that much time on my hands - or that when I did I chose to make a cake for a dog!







Danielle read the instructions and mixed all the ingredients. She just needed help measuring everything - those fractions are difficult. She did really well.






















Since everything in this cookbook is made from "real" food, the treats are "fit for human consumption". Danielle thought the batter was pretty good. They made the house smell good while they were cooking.
















Here they are:

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

And what did Clara think?

Lori said...

She eats bird seed and rabbit "pellets", I'm sure she'll love these! :) We'll celebrate her birthday after dinner tonight.