Saturday, January 30, 2010

This And That and a Birthday, Too

Today is Ron's birthday. We're going to wait and celebrate with cake when he gets back from his business trip. Typically the kids decorate the house to surprise him, but that was difficult because Ron was home all day. So, we really didn't do much. The kids enjoyed giving Ron the gifts they picked out for him. They are doing much better picking out things they think he'll like or need rather than things they want him to have. I always enjoy listening to the kids excitedly explain to the cashier what all the goodies are for, too. We went to Hoggy's for dinner tonight and had a very nice time.






(Please ignore Tyler's snaggletooth. Boy I wish that thing would fall out!!)






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Our yard was inflitrated by dozens of robins for a short while this morning. (Although this robin was in our neighbor's yard.) I've always thought they were a sign that spring is coming. Spring seems far off on a 20 degree day in January, but the hope of spring makes me happy. The sunshine today helped, too. And...I think it's mulch, not poop.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love library day.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

I always thought robins were a sign of spring and then I read somewhere that there were here year round. Buy yourself a bunch of tulips at the grocery store. That's always my way of perking up and thinking spring ;-)