Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Beautiful Morning

We woke up to a beautiful scene this morning. We have about 5" of snow on the ground, and it was foggy this morning. It looked as though the fog had frozen to everything it touched. I believe this is called hoarfrost. The sky was blue, the sun was shining, the ground was snowy, and all the trees were white and sparkly. It was stunning.













I took a couple pictures at home and then went to the metropark after I dropped the kids off at school. I was the only soul there, except for the 5 or 6 deer that ran past me in the woods. It was simply gorgeous. Here are a few pictures, but they really don't do it justice. (I really need to figure out how to use my new camera better!!)



















2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

That's the way it looked here on Sunday. Hoping we don't see that on the oranges today.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Gorgeous! I half wish I could be there to see it, but I am kind of glad for the temperatures to be going up for a change.