Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy 2010!

Happy New Year! We rang in the new year by watching Shorts! (which was painful enough to watch once, can't believe we rented it!) and an Eloise Christmas movie and watching the ball drop. It's too bad the year lights up when the ball finally drops. It would be nice if I could have taped this year's countdown and just replayed that for the kids around 10pm next New Year's Eve. Danielle especially gets a little cranky by the time midnight hits. That's all part of the fun, I suppose.

Ron and Tyler have been working on their car for the Pinewood Derby. The race is next week (I think). Tyler and Ron are going for "coolness" rather than speed. Tyler sketched out his design and they are working from that. I have tried to stay out of it but did get a couple pictures while they were working this afternoon. I'm not allowed to reveal their secret plans, so everyone will just have to check back next week to see the finished product.











Here are a few misc pictures from our final Christmas get-together yesterday. I think Danielle received a total of 8 Webkinz for Christmas this year (no repeats). She was delighted with each one of them! My aunt Barb gave Tyler a book called Cool Stuff 2.0 and How it works. It is a perfect book for him. Danielle enjoyed playing her new Connect 4 game with Uncle Ron.










Danielle was kind enough to ignore my camera snapping in her face while she was drawing. Have I mentioned how much I like my new camera??

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Great shots! I may have to have you do my new headshots when my hair grows back out and I get a contract--dreamin' again.