Thursday, April 23, 2009

More This & That

Tyler has moved up to coach pitch baseball this year, but Danielle is starting Tball. Tyler has already had two practices but Danielle's have been rained out. We got to her second scheduled practice just as it started to rain. She ran the bases anyway and then we came home. But first I had to take a picture to capture her first "almost" practice.



It was chilly the evening she was supposed to have practice, and she mostly owns dresses & leggings. So, I looked through the garage sale piles and found some of Tyler's hand-me-downs. She wore his baseball socks from last year, a pair of too-short sweat pants, a thermal shirt that once fit, and a sweatshirt he outgrew. She finished off her ensemble with his football cleats. When she was all dressed, she said "Tyler, do I look boyly?"




My friend forwarded me a link to a blog dedicated to cute hair-dos for girls. I am so inept at doing anything more than a pony tail, so I thought the website would be interesting. Actually, it is a bit intimidating. Danielle looked at it with me today and wanted me to try several of the styles. I was positive most of them wouldn't turn out looking anything like the pictures! We agreed on one style that was labeled something like "if you can tie your shoe, you can do this do". Well, I can tie my shoes, but I'm still not sure about the do. It didn't turn out too bad, I guess. Danielle was really pleased with it, though, especially after the girl at the grocery store told her it was really cute. This is how it looked mid-day. (She was making dessert for Uncle Ron.)


I have really enjoyed Danielle's company this week. With the school year coming to a close, I have been thinking a lot about the next school year or more specifically, about Danielle going to school, too. I've tried to spend more time with her or include her more in my daily tasks. She is really a neat kid, and she's growing up so fast. Anyway, I had some coupons and "extra" money last week, so I ordered some summer clothes for her. We got them in the mail today and she wanted to try some of them on for Uncle Ron.


She liked everything I picked with the exception of an adorable plaid swing top. Don't you think this is cute?! I forgot she has a thing about squares. There's nothing "boyly" about this girl!

No comments: