Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Our April Fool's Day Dinner

Fishsticks





(Sugar wafer cookies coated in peanut butter & rolled in cornflake crumbs)








Peas





(Pieces of sour apple Laffy Taffy rolled into little balls)









Fauxberry Pie





(Meatloaf baked in a pie shell with pink tinted mashed potatoes on top)








Undrinkable Juice





(Cherry jello w/a straw)















The kids thought it was great. The "juice" was probably the biggest hit, which was closely followed by the "peas". I wanted to do something similar last year, but my Grandma passed away on the 30th and I just didn't have time to pull it all together. Family Fun magazine made the menu easy this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just so clever. I bet there was lots of giggling.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I hung out with Danielle last year. Everything was April fools with her.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Wow the fishsticks look just like they do in the magazine! I thought about making them too, but the 1st kind of snuck up on us.