Sunday, September 28, 2008

More This & That

Well, I attempted to ask Danielle the questions about mothers. I'm not sure she was in the mood. Her first answer was ok: Why did God make mothers? "So they could love us." It went downhill after that. How did God make mothers? "With rice." ha ha ha "No, with mud, dirt." ha ha ha. When I asked her the next question she suggested I talk to Tyler. Oh well. I imagine she would have had a lot to say if I'd been asking her about daddies.


This afternoon Danielle was writing down words that started with "M". She came up with "monkey", and we spelled it for her so she could write it down. She kept asking for more words. Ron, thinking he was being humorous and not really counting on the kids paying attention, said "moron". Danielle didn't catch it, but Tyler cracked up. After dinner Danielle asked again about "m" words and Tyler piped up, "How about moron?" Ron told Tyler he couldn't use the word unless he could spell it. So, he did. Flawlessly.


Tyler indulged Danielle and played school with her earlier today. It was funny to listen to him instruct her ("the lowercase g goes into the basement"), and he was surprisingly patient with her.


And this is totally unrelated: I was cutting apart Tyler's first grade pictures the other day and suddenly remembered my first grade teacher telling me how bad my cutting was. I felt pretty bad about it at the time. I guess I should have worked a little harder, though, I still can't cut straight.

No comments: