Thursday, September 11, 2008

Danielle's Day

Since I was all caught up on the laundry & shopping, and had cleaned as much of the house as I had intended, today was Danielle's day to pick our activities. Somehow I managed to make it through the entire day without ever touching a Barbie!!

After lunch today she wanted to go for a walk in the woods, and she wanted to invite Uncle Ron. I missed having Tyler with us to enjoy all the things we found, but we had a really nice time. We saw so many things:


A beaver lodge


A crayfish (aka crawfish or crawdad, depending on what part of the country you're from). He was pretty tiny. Danielle didn't keep him in her bucket. We just put him in there for a minute so he wouldn't pinch Uncle Ron while I was taking his picture.


A giant nest from something giant? We didn't see the homeowner. Probably a good thing.



A gartersnake (I think).




Danielle collected lots of "treasures": leaves, acorns with and without hats, hickory nuts, walnuts, shells, and even a buckeye. It was a really good afternoon.

No comments: