Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Danielle's First Day of Preschool

As the title suggests, today was Danielle's first day of preschool. She is in the "young 5s" class this year. Most of the kids in her class are in the same situation as her and just miss the cut off for kindergarten. She has the same teacher and is in the same room as last year. Three or four of the kids in her class this year were also in her class last year. I think all this contributed to a more comfortable start for her this year. (Plus she got to bring the snack today.)



After her bath this morning she wanted to paint her nails.











I'm not sure if she was more excited about starting school today or about wearing her new dress. I found the dress on the clearance rack at Marshall's for $7.00. It included a matching dress for her doll. Quite a bargain, and she looked beautiful!























Danielle and her friend Katie.











Although she needed a couple extra hugs, Danielle did great when I left today. She merrily bopped to the car when I picked her up, and she talked all the way home. She told me tonight that she wishes she had school every day because she loves it so much. I hope her excitement continues and she has a great last year of preschool.

No comments: