Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My "BUTT" Problem, Revisited

Awhile ago I had a couple postings about our “butt problem”. It has been much better lately. Tyler thinks he’s pretty cool because he can correctly spell “dumb”, so that’s his forbidden word of choice for the most part.

Sunday night I was putting the rest of the dishes in the dishwasher and tidying up the kitchen for the night. The kids were in bed, and we were headed there next. As I reached to turn the light off in the kitchen, the kids’ easel in the kitchen caught my eye. There were some doodles, which I had noticed earlier in the day, on the dry erase board. What I hadn’t seen earlier, though, was “Mom is a butt.” It was written in very nice handwriting, spelled perfectly, and scrunched down in the corner of the board. Ugg. Not again!

Before Tyler left for school the next morning, I pulled him aside and asked him about it. He acted confused, read the board, and promised me he didn’t write it. He was quite adamant about it, but I’ve been fooled before. Still not sure, I dropped it and sent him off to school.

Later in the morning I decided to ask Danielle about it. Trying to hide her grin, she quickly looked away. Finally she admitted that she had been mad at me Sunday night and had written it. She apologized and promised not to do it any more.

I didn’t tell her, but I was actually quite impressed! I knew she could spell “butt”, but she actually put the entire sentence together with correct letter formation, capitalization and punctuation. It seems her butt problem is starting nearly a full year earlier than Tyler’s. I’m so proud. :)

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

I hope you are keeping these stories somewhere else for posterity just in case something should ever happen to blogspot. They are golden.