Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Danielle's Song

Danielle performed a “show” for me this morning, as she does quite often. These shows involve holding an imaginary microphone, making up words to about 50 different songs, dancing around a lot, and exaggerated bowing while I clap. Today she threw in a familiar song that she learned at preschool: Lord I Lift Your Name On High. We also sing it in church occasionally. (I'm assuming those of you reading this do too and know what the words should be.) Danielle usually forgets a lot of the words, but she gets enough of it that the song is recognizable. She had a good morning today, though, and remembered almost all the words:

Lord I lift your name on high

I’m so glad you’re in my life
I’m so glad you came to save us

You came from Heaven to earth
To show the way

From the earth to the cross
My
Dad to pay

From the cross to the grave
From the grave to the SKY (shouted)
Lord I lift your name on high.

I couldn't help but smile. I know how I feel when I listen to our kids pray or sing songs about Jesus. I can only imagine how it makes God feel.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Her father got a little mixed up with his ten commandments once. "Thous shalt not take the name of the Lord to PENNSYLVANIA!"