Saturday, October 25, 2008

Boo at the Zoo

Today was Tyler's last flag football game. He really learned a lot and improved so much over the course of the season. I think he really enjoyed playing, too. I couldn't help but feel extra proud of him today as we watched him play.

His coach had a bowling and pizza party for the team after the game. They all got tshirts and trophies.





Later this afternoon we went to Boo at the Zoo. I don't know what Danielle's problem was - she couldn't just smile for a picture, she had to strike a pose. (She looks so bulky because it was cold out. She had 3 shirts and a sweatshirt on under her costume!)

Tyler wanted to be a vampire this year, but I vetoed that. He chose to be a bat instead. Thankfully he did not want to be Batman, just a bat. I made his costume based on some ideas I found online. He really likes it, so I would consider it a success. He got several compliments while we were at the zoo tonight, so that made him feel good, too.














Danielle chose to be a butterfly. I cheated and bought everything. After making all those wings for the party, I didn't want to make any more. I did buy it all on sale, though, so I guess that makes it a little better. She got several compliments, too, and will enjoy playing dress-up with it once Halloween is over.

We had a nice afternoon.

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Nice bat wings! Are they made from an umbrella?

Lori said...

They are indeed! I made the ears out of sections of the umbrella, too. We joked with Tyler that if it rained, we would all just stand under his wings.

Wandering Writer said...

You gals are so clever!!