Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Making Smiles & Lanterns

Today we went to visit my great-aunt. She turned 97 on Monday. She never got married and instead stayed home to care for her aging parents. She is sharp and spunky, and still manages to live by herself in her own home. At 97! Pretty amazing. Today she shared a couple stories about my grandpa misbehaving in school. Tyler thought her stories of Great-Grandpa being tied to his chair in school because he wouldn't sit still were pretty funny. (I think he could relate.) The kids brought her a crown from BK so she could be the birthday princess. I think she enjoyed our visit.

Tonight Grandpa helped Tyler finish his homemade lantern. Apparently the project and design were Tyler's ideas. Grandpa just lent a helping hand. Given Tyler's passion to design and create, I'm pretty sure he'll have a future in engineering.




1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Cool lantern!! OSU has a great engineering school-hint, hint.

My aunt told stories on my dad once, much to his chagrin. When he was trying to impress us with his good behavior as a kid, she put him in his place by telling us how he overturned the outhouse with Mr. Sully still in it.