Monday, August 25, 2008

Looking for Summer

Where did it go?! Tyler starts 1st grade tomorrow, officially bringing our summer frivolity to an end.


Today we completed the last item on my summer To Do List and visited a place that sells playsets, trampolines, playhouses, and basketball hoops. Kids can play on all the equipment on the showroom floor. We had 2 garage sales at the beginning of the summer and have been using our earnings to fund our summer activities. It cost $6 for both kids to play today. I had $8 left! I guess it's a good thing the summer is drawing to a close. We have just enough left to stop the ice cream truck the next time he's in the neighborhood.


We really have had an amazing summer. We did so many things and made so many fun memories. I think this has been one of my favorite summers. I'm going to miss Tyler when he's away at school every day, all week long. We've been together the majority of the time for the past 6 years. Even last year he was home two or three days during the week. It's going to take some adjusting. I will enjoy having a couple hours to myself now and then and some alone time with Danielle, but I'm going to miss my first grader.

No comments: