Monday, October 09, 2006

Fireman Tyler

Tyler decided he wants to be a fireman for Halloween this year. Sigh...gone are the cute, cuddly costumes. I had my eye on a very nice one that looked just like a real uniform, but I couldn’t find it for less than $40 (on Ebay - most other places were closer to $60!) So, I swallowed my pride and purchased one of those cheap plastic costumes at Walmart for just under $10. There were only 2 left so I figured I should grab one before Tyler was left with nothing. Ron was almost giddy because it was so cheap. Honestly, that didn’t make me feel any better. After school today I hesitantly showed it to Tyler. He LOVED it. He insisted on trying it on. The vinyl jacket is a little big, but he’ll be able to wear his winter coat under it if needed and won’t have to hide his costume at all. (A pet peeve of mine, right Mom?) He loved the plastic helmet with the flip down face shield. But most of all, he loved the “yak”. You know – the tool firemen use to chop down doors or other obstacles during the course of a fire. So, this year we will have a cuddly koala bear (repeat of last year) and fireman with a yak. Bring on the candy.

On Saturday we had Tyler’s final 5th birthday celebration. It had been postponed. It was very nice to share our home and our day with our family. Although Ron spent most of the time taking pictures of himself with everyone, we did manage to get a couple other pictures:


On Sunday we went to the zoo again after church. It was SO busy. It was a beautiful day to be outside, though. By this time of the year, I know these types of days are limited and almost feel an obligation to be outside enjoying them. It’s a good obligation, though.

No comments: